wondering how it will all turn out

FLU SHOTS, trusting doctors, stomach swelling, compression garment fitting, perception of lymphedema, anger, shoulders, shoulder blades, pantyhose, benadryl, TB test, shaking leg

Moderators: jenjay, Cassie, patoco, Birdwatcher, Senior Moderators

wondering how it will all turn out

Postby angel » Mon Apr 23, 2007 10:34 am

Hello me again,just posting to share my apprehension at what the future hold for my swelling. My ankles don't go down now and I still have a little fluid in my stomach and my face is still a little puffy.
I just feel I am hitting a brick wall. The Mri is on friday but I still ahve to wait for the results but it is the everyday I struggle with.
The tiredness, pain swelling etc. No -one in the medical profession seems to know what to do we with me-there seems to be no way out of this condition for me.
I am going to ask for a stool to elevate my legs at work when I sit down(-I'm a library assistant and do alot of standing).
Just wonder where all this is going to lead-will the mri show anything up that can be fixed or cut out or just give an explanation for this swelling?
Will the genetcist find out what syndrome I have?
I just don't know what to think.
angel

Postby patoco » Mon Apr 23, 2007 11:03 am

Hi Angel

Just hang in there :!: :!:

After you find out the results from the MRI, be sure to let me know.

There are some ways that abdominal fluid can be removed, so let's see what turns up first.

I'll be thinking of you and looking forward to hearing from you.

:wink:

Pat O
patoco
Site Admin

Postby angel » Sat Apr 28, 2007 3:13 am

Hi Pat-went for mri yesterday lasted about 25 mins. Took a cd but they didn't bother to put it on after telling me they would. They were also late taking aus-but they did scan both hips. Been told that the results should come throughin 7-10days, and then I will get the results.
Feeling a little downhearted after seeing my le therapist-she has been very helpful but she seems to be clueless as sto what is making my swelling go around my body like it is. I just feel no-one can really help me-she seems to think the MRI probably won't show up anything which makes me feel a bit discouraged.
angel

Postby patoco » Sat Apr 28, 2007 3:17 am

Hi Angel :)

Will be waiting to hear what the MRI says.

Has your therapist taught you how to stimulate the lymph nodes through your body, and/or shown you how to do abdominal self massage?

These might be able to help.

Pat
patoco
Site Admin

Postby angel » Sat Apr 28, 2007 2:33 pm

Thanks Pat-no she hasn't I'm afraid.
angel

Return to Lymphedema Family Talk