one legged panythose

FLU SHOTS, trusting doctors, stomach swelling, compression garment fitting, perception of lymphedema, anger, shoulders, shoulder blades, pantyhose, benadryl, TB test, shaking leg

Moderators: Birdwatcher, jenjay, Cassie, patoco, Senior Moderators

one legged panythose

Postby suzeeq » Sun Aug 20, 2006 11:37 am

Hi again
I was just wondering if anyone out there has tried the one legged panythose. I have LE in my left leg and have been wearing a thigh high hose. But the swelling has now spread to my left groin( actually, it has always been there, is just increasing), my left buttock and left side of my abdomen. So I think I need to go back to wearing panty hose for the extra support in those areas. But I enjoy the freedom of not wearing anything on my right leg, especially if I don't have to. Of course, I had just ordered a new pair of thigh highs, which now I can't wear! Lol! But I think I can send them back. I really liked the thigh highs, and I never had any problems with it falling down, but now the top rolls over on itself, due to the extra edema in my rear. Oh well! thanks for any repllies. Susan
suzeeq

Postby silkie » Sun Aug 20, 2006 2:54 pm

High Susan
dont know if its any help but i had seperate leg waist high
jobs ribbed grade 3 hose they were great only i had to put hook and eye
on the veldro fastenings to give extra support as the weight of the stockings would pull the garment down ans the velcro could open

But they might be able to addapt them

Good look

Silks xxxxx
silkie

Re: one legged panythose

Postby ellita » Thu Nov 13, 2008 4:22 pm

Hello! I have the same problem as yours, and what I usually do it I but pantyhose and cut off the right leg part. That gives me a freedom for my right leg. Sigvarius has one legged stockings which are attached to the belt, which goes either around your waist, or around the hips! I wore it on top of the pantyhose to control extra edema! I just found out that Juzo has the same style, so i am out in a hunt for it!!!

cheers,

ella
ellita

Re: one legged panythose

Postby suzeeq » Fri Nov 14, 2008 2:32 pm

Hi Ella, thanks for your reply. It's hard to believe I wrote that 2 years ago. I am now wearing a one legged pantyhose and am very pleased and comfortable.The other leg is cut off as you suggested and and just goes down to the middle of my thigh. It looks like a pair of regular pantyhose, no belts to deal with. Susan
suzeeq

Return to Lymphedema Family Talk