Currently Dealing with Lots of Stress

FLU SHOTS, trusting doctors, stomach swelling, compression garment fitting, perception of lymphedema, anger, shoulders, shoulder blades, pantyhose, benadryl, TB test, shaking leg

Moderators: jenjay, Cassie, patoco, Birdwatcher, Senior Moderators

Currently Dealing with Lots of Stress

Postby PamelaS » Fri Aug 11, 2006 4:45 am

I know that stress can really affect LE and lately I've been dealing with a ton of it.

First there's work, where I'm retiring within the month, and everyone feels that they're going to work me to death within this month, i.e, get "blood from a stone", while the opportunity exists.

I have been "dismissed" from a lawsuit (having to do with mold at work) because my pulmonologist (lung doc.) would not support my claim medically that I had enough exposure at work to do harm. I am changing doctors - fed up with this quack.

There is a lot of stuff going on in the family at large, some of it dealing with my great nephews and great nieces, which needs to get resolved. Also keeping an eye on my female ferret - she may need to go back to the vet's for another checkup. She isn't sick - just lethargic.

The LE thusfar has not been affected, thankfully but I know I need a break and yesterday took a "mental health" day and feel a bit better.

Thanks for letting me vent.

Pamela
PamelaS

Postby coyote » Sun Aug 13, 2006 5:47 am

Hi Pamela,

My mom just reduced her hours awhile back so she could better manage her medical conditions and her boss seems to think she should do the same amount of work in 30 hours that she did in 40-50 hours! She's really feeing the pressure, too. Personally, I have told her that is lawsuit material because she is being singled out for this treatment because of the change of her hours. Her work should be judged by prorating it when comparing to last year's numbers, but that is not what her boss is doing...and my mom is now working more than the agreed upon 30 hours to try to keep up. It just makes me hopping mad! :evil:

Needless to say, I have the greatest of empathy for you! I guess my take on it is that you really hold the power at this point, what can they do to you? Fire you? ohhhhh....how scary! You are leaving within the month anyway!

You have the cat by it's tail and I perceive them pressuring you to do more as their response to their realization of just how much they are going to miss you and just how valuable you have been to them....It's like a back-handed compliment! Try to enjoy the fact that they are running scared like little bunnies because you are leaving!:D
coyote

Return to Lymphedema Family Talk