Compression Garment Fitting

FLU SHOTS, trusting doctors, stomach swelling, compression garment fitting, perception of lymphedema, anger, shoulders, shoulder blades, pantyhose, benadryl, TB test, shaking leg

Moderators: jenjay, Cassie, patoco, Birdwatcher, Senior Moderators

Compression Garment Fitting

Postby Seattle Gal » Wed Jul 05, 2006 12:00 pm

Hi,

I have lymphedema in my lower legs. I have had MLD and my legs reduced considerably and I have been in compression stockings for several years.

My question is do any of you have trouble each time you order new garments with them not fitting quite as they should or as the previous pair did? I had a hard time finding a brand of custom socks that would work for me and not have to bandage at the ankle over them. My ankle on my left side is the worst area. I found the Mediven 500 class and they work well without the addition of an ankle bandage. However every time we order new socks they are not quite the same as the previous pair. One time I ordered a pair they fit quite well and I had my therapist order me a second pair of the same measurements etc and they came and didn't fit at all, too long and not snug enough but the same measurements were used.

I just wondered if anyone else has this frustration and if they have found a solution.
Seattle Gal

Postby silkie » Fri Jul 07, 2006 5:32 am

Hi Seattle.

I have jobst and on the whole they have been very good

I wonder if it is the measuring human error ?

When i go for measuring each leg is done and i know many times i don't have my foot in the correct place or i move slightly
So many ways to cause a light miss measurement

i have jobst 3 and also have lip so my problem area is the ankle
But mine dig in under the over hang of the leg and the ring round my ankle i use granuflex to cushion the skin from the garment
i find it brilliant

Hugggggg

Silksxx
silkie

JOBST CCL3

Postby mmonforte » Tue Mar 13, 2007 4:36 pm

Hi
I also have JOBST CCL3/CCL2 stoking
Upper part is CC2, lover(from over the ankle) CCL3

Rear of my ankle is a problem, swelling is not going away
it's giving my headaches whan I have CCL3 stoking, CC2 is OK for now

what should I do to reduce surcumference at ankle level

thanks
mmonforte

Postby Seattle Gal » Thu Mar 15, 2007 1:10 pm

Have you tried adding one of the smaller width bandages at the ankle over your socks? I had to do that for quite a while with socks to get the ankle area to stay down. I only needed one bandage and wrapped it once around the instep to anchor it and then went around the ankle is the figure 8 pattern and taped it off at the end. It worked well for me.
Seattle Gal

Postby mmonforte » Fri Apr 20, 2007 3:25 pm

it's time for me to get a new set of JOBST stocking, I am really confused.
Today is raining in LA, and fell terrible wearing JOBST at work.
Blood pressure is OK, but I have really strange feeling from my stokings,
It strarts with eyes feeling itch, hedaches, etc.

It is going away if I remove the stockings
mmonforte

Postby carbon » Sat Feb 02, 2008 3:43 pm

I am finally getting out of compression wraps into a sleeve!!! Can't wait. My therapist told me I could have pink, purple or tan. It is Breast Cancer pink, but I went for tan. After a year in these eyecatching wraps I want something a little less noticable.
carbon

Return to Lymphedema Family Talk