New Shoes

FLU SHOTS, trusting doctors, stomach swelling, compression garment fitting, perception of lymphedema, anger, shoulders, shoulder blades, pantyhose, benadryl, TB test, shaking leg

Moderators: jenjay, Cassie, patoco, Birdwatcher, Senior Moderators

New Shoes

Postby blubrdfrend » Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:07 am

I have new shoes. A friend found a site on the net www.wideshoes.com I ordered a size 7 in a 5E width. The company also carries 6E and 7E widths. These shoes are leather and have a really wide toe. I can actually wiggle my toes. My toes have been so cramped that there are calluses between them. The right shoe is too wide. I emailed the company and told them how much I like my shoes. I explained that I was still working on the right shoe to make it fit snugger. Tom emailed me and explained that the shoes were heat set. I wet a wash cloth and placed it inside the heel of the shoe. I then heated it with a hair dryer. I squeezed the heel until it cooled and the heel was smaller. Actually I used duct tape to hold it. This is Texas where everything can be fixed with duct tape. The heel doesn't slip now and inserts fixed the inside.
blubrdfrend

Return to Lymphedema Family Talk