Passing on my good fortune...

FLU SHOTS, trusting doctors, stomach swelling, compression garment fitting, perception of lymphedema, anger, shoulders, shoulder blades, pantyhose, benadryl, TB test, shaking leg

Moderators: jenjay, Cassie, patoco, Birdwatcher, Senior Moderators

Passing on my good fortune...

Postby bouncedrealitycheck » Thu Mar 20, 2008 3:35 pm

Long time since I've been on, I know, I know! Hope you're all doing well. Things have improved for me at a rapid rate. First, I got approved for disability, which is almost too good to be true. Then, I stumbled on a therapist who does in home visits, and she is WONDERFUL! She knows what she's doing, she's funny and I have seen a major improvement in my over-all health. I gave her this site info, and I'm pretty sure she's registered on here somewhere. Odilia Egbers is her name and for anyone in this area, I recommend her without ANY hesitation. I'm in week 6 out of 10, and I am finally in my stocking in my right leg. I put it on this morning all by myself for the first time. Sounds funny to people without this stinking condition, but the rest of you know how victorious that makes you feel when you're the one doing all the tugging and pulling! It's not all unicorns and rainbows, but I'm going to focus and squeeze all the good out of every situation. Just wanted to peek in and share this info. Take care everyone!
Michelle
bouncedrealitycheck

Postby patoco » Thu Mar 20, 2008 4:03 pm

Hi Ya Stranger :D

Sooooooooooo glad to hear of your good fortune :!: :!: :!: :!:

'Tis about time, isn't it.

Looks like I may be forced to go on disability now too, so it was also encouraging to hear about that.

I hope Odilia will join us - will keep my eyes open :)

I do know how victorious it makes you feel and there just is nothing like it, something we all need badly.

Don't be such a stranger now, I'm going to look forward to hearing more and more good things.

A big hug - and my very very best to you :wink:

Pat
patoco
Site Admin

Postby joanne johnson » Sun Mar 23, 2008 1:35 pm

Hi,
I just want to congratulate you on your good fortune. Yes, we all do understand the highs and lows of this condition. It's always nice to hear when things are going well for one of our members.

Keep up the good work and keep us posted!
joanne johnson

Return to Lymphedema Family Talk