Feet

FLU SHOTS, trusting doctors, stomach swelling, compression garment fitting, perception of lymphedema, anger, shoulders, shoulder blades, pantyhose, benadryl, TB test, shaking leg

Moderators: jenjay, Cassie, patoco, Birdwatcher, Senior Moderators

Feet

Postby joyous » Wed Aug 29, 2007 4:41 pm

:( Hey Pat I want to tell you that I want to the doctors about my swollen feet and I want you to know what he did not do.

He look at them and then try to feel the pulse but could not get it on the left foot. so he call another doctor in - and she came in and just felt the foot then they both went out of the room he came back and said I would have to go to someone else - vasuarly surgery - one I saw before - well he is not in his office cause he has a death in his family - :cry: :cry: and so do I - my step brother has passed - he had MS for years.

:? well the nurse called me back and now I have to go to Therapy again so they can show me how to massage my feet I can not even reach my left foot.

I will write again when I get back to work sometime next week - everyone have a good holiday weekend.

hugs and kissessssss

Joy
joyous

feet

Postby joyous » Fri Sep 07, 2007 4:55 pm

update on my feet - the doctor sent me to Therapy where this girl put something on the sores on my feet wrap it up and then sent me home with stocking - :( :( I want to tell you the stocking rub my feet the wrong way and now I am in so much pain that I can't wear the stocking and the wounds don't look to good right now (the skin feels like when you have a very very bad sunburn)

:? Is there anyone out there can tell me what to put on my feet that they would not hurt as much.

my feet are so swollen right now - I can't wait to go home and put them up.

joyous
joyous

Postby kebsa » Mon Sep 10, 2007 7:07 am

I am no expert as i am prettynew to this lymphodema stuff but if your feet are really painful and red like sunburn, it could be that you have cellulits ( infection in the tissue) which needs antibiotics to deal with it. The other thing is that i think it tkaes a while to get used to wearing the stockings or bandages. the skin on you legs gets easily irritated adn the compression either form the stockings or bandages applies a bit of shearing force that leadse to irritation if it is a bit too tight. hopefully one of the veterans will give some advice
kebsa

Return to Lymphedema Family Talk