Scaly Lesion on Calf of Leg

Diseases, Fungal Infections, treatment, health, Cuts, Scrapes, Blisters, Skin Hygiene, Shingles, Papillomatosis cutis carcinoides, Tea Tree Oil, Psoriasis, Dry Skin, Lymphomatoid Papulosis, Cutis Marmorata, Warts and Verrucas, Bug Bite Protection, laser hair removal, eczema, skin plaque, nodules, psoriasis, nail care, Acroangiodermatitis

Moderators: jenjay, Cassie, patoco, Birdwatcher, Senior Moderators

Scaly Lesion on Calf of Leg

Postby Queenie EJC » Thu Sep 30, 2010 9:51 pm

I have had bilateral secondary lymphedema of the legs for 24 years. For quite some time, I have had a scaly lesion on the calf of my right leg. It doesn't go away and bleeds if scaly crust is disturbed. Has anyone had anything like this? Could it possibly be related to lymphedema? Thanks.
Queenie EJC

Re: Scaly Lesion on Calf of Leg

Postby patoco » Sun Oct 03, 2010 2:17 pm

Hey Queenie

This is difficult to assess as there are just so many possibilities. Usually, skin discolorations with lymphedema don't come along with any type of crusting on the skin surface so I do tend to lean away from it being part of your LE.

I think I would get to a dermatologist (soon too) to see what they think. It may be necessary for them to do a scrape biopsy before they can accurately diagnose what it is.
patoco
Site Admin

Re: Scaly Lesion on Calf of Leg

Postby blubrdfrend » Sun Oct 03, 2010 9:07 pm

Queenie, I have them too. Mine are red and has dry scales on it. The spot is a little larger than a quarter and appears in almost the same place on my calf every time. I usually don't notice it until it turns red. I apply lotion every two or three hours and it will disappear in a few days. It will come back. If I was more faithful with the lotion it would probably not come back. The spot doesn't itch or hurt but then the skin on my leg does not have a lot of feeling.
Betty
blubrdfrend

Return to Skin care, conditions, complications