Welcome to all our family and friends. Patients, families, caregivers, therapists, nurses, doctors, anyone with a concern for and interest in lymphedema is most welcome!!!

Moderators: jenjay, Cassie, patoco, Birdwatcher, Senior Moderators

Postby suzz7432 » Fri Sep 22, 2006 8:37 am

Hello everyone,
I have been suffering with Lymphedema in my right leg and ankle since my early 20's am now early 40's. No one could ever correctly diagnose, let alone treat. Now that I am living in VA I have finally found a PT who specializes. I am only on my 2nd week of massage, wrap therapy and it is helping immensly. I am excited about the prospect of seeing my ankle once again. Thank you all for the information and support provided in this site. I have enjoyed reading the posts. I encountered a woman who had the same swelling as I did and she didn't have a clue as to what to do. She noticed my wrapped leg and asked what it was. When I explained to her, she was so overjoyed and inspired to find someone to help her understand what she has been going through. I gave her the information about your site. If my experience can help one person, I am truly thankful. Keep up the good work and keep the faith everyone.
suzz7432

Tactile Systms Flexitouch Lymphedema System

Postby suzz7432 » Fri Sep 22, 2006 9:10 am

As I was reading through the posts I noticed an entry referencing the Flexitouch Lymphedema System. http://www.tactilesystems.com. I visited the website and found the information very interesting. Has anyone out there tried this device? If so I would be interested in some feedback. I want to hear others experiences before I go to my Dr. asking for a prescription. I am going to see my PT today for a session and I going to bring him the information I printed from the website and see what he thinks. I will let you all know his feedback in my next post. [/url]
suzz7432

Return to Welcome Family