Skin Changes

Welcome to all our family and friends. Patients, families, caregivers, therapists, nurses, doctors, anyone with a concern for and interest in lymphedema is most welcome!!!

Moderators: jenjay, Cassie, patoco, Birdwatcher, Senior Moderators

Skin Changes

Postby joanne johnson » Thu Mar 21, 2013 11:18 pm

I have lymphedema on both legs from the knee down. Particularly, around my ankles, the skin is gray to brown looking. Kind of looks like the skin is dirty but that really is not the case. I would like to know why this happens and how can I improve the skin.

Thanks so much. Hey Pat, how are you doing?
joanne johnson

Re: Skin Changes

Postby patoco » Sun Mar 24, 2013 5:00 pm

That is forming a type of plaque on the top layers of the skin. Generally caused by blood flow or rather lack of good blood flow through those fibrotic tissues.

You can try keep lotion on it - and I find this helps in keeping the skin in the normal color. It also helps in keeping the skin soft and pliable to the touch. It will help but won't totally stop the plaque from forming.

Having a few problems Joanne, how 'bout yourself?

Pat
patoco
Site Admin

Postby joanne johnson » Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:26 am

Thanks for your quick reply. I am doing quite well so far. My husband has MS, not toooo bad. He is my main concern. We just moved recently to a senior condo with everything on one level which we love. We also have 6 grandchildren to keep us busy and a smile on our faces. God is good!

I hope you have a good holiday coming up!

Joanne
joanne johnson

Postby patoco » Sun Mar 31, 2013 11:14 am

Sounds like a great condo...but...LOL....only half as many grandchildren.

I have three grandsons and someone sure needs to bring along a grand daughter (or more) :D :)

Give my very best to your hubby and hope you have/had a super time with the grandkids. Isn't it amazing how they just snuggle their way right into the center of your heart :!:

Pat
patoco
Site Admin

Return to Welcome Family