new here!

Welcome to all our family and friends. Patients, families, caregivers, therapists, nurses, doctors, anyone with a concern for and interest in lymphedema is most welcome!!!

Moderators: jenjay, Cassie, patoco, Birdwatcher, Senior Moderators

Re: new here!

Postby patoco » Tue Apr 17, 2012 6:33 am

Hi "Starfish"

Super welcome to our family here. Idaho is a lovely state and I am especially fond of Northern Idaho from Coeur d'Alene north to the border. Even with bilateral lymphedema I was a gardener up until a couple years ago. At one point I had a 3500 sq ft raised bed garden plus quite an assortment of fruit trees, berries, grapes and nuts - and all that on a city lot. In Oregon, I went the organic gardening route, but here in Georgia it has been a nightmare to do so as there are so many nasty bugs down here that we didn't even dream of in Oregon.

I hope you will find useful information and can gain a deeper understanding of we as patients go through and struggle with.

I also have to admit, I am not particularly fond of alternative and/or complimentary medicine. This is due to the lack of clear concise independent clinical studies that would verify so many claims made by the various complimentary techniques. As a result, our entire site is geared towards evidence based medicine/science.

Feel free to post, ask any question or concern.

My best to you

Pat
patoco
Site Admin

Return to Welcome Family