Bio-dermology

Welcome to all our family and friends. Patients, families, caregivers, therapists, nurses, doctors, anyone with a concern for and interest in lymphedema is most welcome!!!

Moderators: jenjay, Cassie, patoco, Birdwatcher, Senior Moderators

Bio-dermology

Postby tsegadesta » Tue Aug 25, 2009 10:40 pm

Hello, has anyone heard of this treatment - bio-dermology ? They say it promotes cellulite reduction utilizing the principles of vacuum massage. Offers non-invasive treatment alternatives for cellulite reduction, lymphatic drainage and slimming applications. I have lymphedema in both legs and was contemplating of having it done at a spa. Thanks!
tsegadesta

Re: Bio-dermology

Postby tsegadesta » Sat Sep 05, 2009 2:30 am

Hi, anybody out there with any ideas on this technique? I wanted to get feedback first if anyone has tried it before. Thanks.
tsegadesta

Postby patoco » Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:32 am

Hey Tsegadesta :)

Oops..sorry must have missed this. If its for lymphedema, I would say there just isn't any evidence that it is going to help in any manner. Remember, the lymphedema massage is a very very specific physiotherapy that requires specialized training and certification. This shouldn't be confused with bio-dermology. Also, lymphedema involves the lymphatics and is seperate from the fat we call cellulite. It really is dishonest for them to claim it helps lymphatic drainage.

Honestly too, I could find absolutely no clinical evidence that it even would help with cellulite.

I would say, save your money - another wanna-be scheme here.

Pat
patoco
Site Admin

Postby tsegadesta » Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:29 pm

Thanks for the feedback! I have another question. I got a small pimple on my right thigh. I was massaging yesterday and it opened up and fluid started coming out very slowly and very tiny. I did not do anything to it. In the morning, it was dry and no more fluids are visible. Should I be worried? I have lymphedema in both legs. I don't feel an infection coming along.
tsegadesta

Postby patoco » Fri Sep 18, 2009 8:36 am

Hey Therre!

As long as it closed up and doesn't leak any fluid at all, you should be ok.

Generally, the problems start if it does close and continues to drain. I've had more then a share of those little type bumps andnever had a problem after closure.

Best to you! :!:

Pat
patoco
Site Admin

Return to Welcome Family