new to lower leg lymph.

Welcome to all our family and friends. Patients, families, caregivers, therapists, nurses, doctors, anyone with a concern for and interest in lymphedema is most welcome!!!

Moderators: jenjay, Cassie, patoco, Birdwatcher, Senior Moderators

new to lower leg lymph.

Postby bechill » Mon Oct 13, 2008 12:50 pm

hi to all. i have just been diagnosed with lower leg lymphedema.2008 i apparently have had it for a while all the doctors would say is it is due to my weight but when i lost some of the weight they said the same thing again but now it is worse and i got all the weight back too. any how. my insurance will not help me out and i am in need of both the support hose and the massage therapy and i don't know what to do now they said that the hose is going to cost about $400. I an not sure about therapy I'm on waiting list. my insurance company is telling me that the Dr needs to replay but i know the will just deny it again. if any one has any suggestions that would help out i would be thankful thank you bechill
bechill

Re: new to lower leg lymph.

Postby Charlieblack » Tue Nov 04, 2008 2:55 am

Hi Bechill,

I'm not really new to the lower leg problem (about 2 years now). I've been using support socks I purchase from Duane Reade for $17.00 a pair. I've also research therapy and doctors that only offer ways to constantly massage your leg at alarming prices. I find that if you sleep with your leg(s) elevated and place the support hose or sock on right after you shower in the morning it helps to keep the swelling down for the rest of the day. I'm new to this site and have been searching the forums myself for a more inexpensive, long term solution to this problem but no luck so far. I actually hoped for a cure but there doesn't appear to be any sure fire end all cures to Lymphedema. At least this site maybe able help us both find a solution of some kind. Sorry I couldn't be of any help.
Charlieblack

Postby Celinda069 » Fri Nov 07, 2008 6:52 pm

Hi all..

I'm new to lower leg lymphedema. I was diagnosed about 2 months ago and have since started MLD with a therapist. Ever since i was about 19 yrs old i always noticed my left leg was a bit more swollen than my right. 6 months ago i started a job where i sat for 12 hrs and my leg got bigger than ive ever seen it before. I After months of tests and such my family doctor decided to send me to a doctor that deals with lymphedema. I'm only 29 yrs old and want try and live as normal as possible with this. It has been encouraging (and scarey) at the same time to ready some of your posts. My therapist has me bandaging for 22 hrs a day right now. And although they are ugly seems to bring me some sort of relief. Ive only been going to therapy for a week and my leg is already smaller than ive seen in 6 months. Any advice or encouragement you all have would be greatly appreciated :)

Thanks!

Celi
Celinda069

Postby cosmina24 » Fri May 01, 2009 2:59 pm

hi ... i'm from romania and i have tlymphedema. unfortunatly here nobody can hellp me, all i know about this disease it's from internet! i want to make friends who have this diseses cuz only them can understand me, understand how i fell... so, hope that i can talk with more, to find some treatments, to find more about it... wish u all the best !
cosmina24

Return to Welcome Family